What is the San Bruno Fires Project?
The San Bruno Fires Project was started to address the fires on Caltrans right-of-way that are an unacceptable danger to the homes that border the Caltrans right-of-way.
The problem has multiple causes:
- Homeless encampments with warming fires
- Overgrown landscaping
- Insufficient landscape maintenance workforce
- Multiple jurisdictions involved – Caltrans, SF HOM, SF PW, SFFD, SFPD
We have established a team which is meeting monthly to come up with a solution.
- Caltrans Maintenance
- D10 Supervisor Rep
- CA Assembly Office (David Chui)
- Potrero Boosters
Below please find agendas and minutes from meetings
- July 30 Agenda – Minutes
- September 10 Agenda – Minutes
- October 20 Agenda – Minutes
- November 19 Agenda – Minutes
- February 21 Agenda
The map below indicates locations of fires on Caltrans right-of-way